Füssen & its surroundings
Nature & Leasure
The world famous King Ludwig castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau are closeby to the hotel (about 10 minutes by car). Füssen‘s old town with its picturesque alleys offer great opportunities for a shopping spree or enjoying the culture of the Allgäu. The baroque violin and lute making museum at the monastery St. Mang is worth visiting. There is a romantic Christmas market at the monastry courtyard in December.
In Steingaden, ca. 25 km away from Füssen you can find one of the most famous churches from the Rococo period worldwide: Wieskirche. It has been a UNESCO world heritage site for over 30 years and has always been a place of pilgrimage, a place of prayers and a picturesque attractions for many visitors.
- Allgäu global city Kempten ca. 45 km
- Historic Augsburg ca. 100 km
- metropolis München ca. 115 km
- Mainau Island with lots of gardens at lake Constance ca. 140 km
Along the Romantic street until Steingaden, passing Wieskirche, continuing to Rottenbuch to Hohenpeißenberg.
- Ammergau Alps:
Along the lake Plansees, continuing to castle Linderhof to Oberammergau, monasty Ettal und back to Wieskirche.
- Go for a walk and learn more about the history of Füssen. Duration ca. 1,5 hours
- Guided tour at the museum at the monastery St. Mang. Find out more about the history of violine making and see the magnificent Baroque rooms at the monastery. Duration ca. 1 hour. On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2.30 pm.